Power distribution systems
Khoury Engineering & General Contracting provides innovative electrical distribution solutions that meets clients’ needs and budgets. We offer a single source of comprehensive services for your distribution using the international standard (IEC, IEEE, NEC etc.)
Our crews are capable of handling a wide range of voltages. K.E has the capability to conduct every facet of a substation, which includes, but is not limited to:
- Single Line Diagrams
- Power Distribution Drawings
- Grounding drawing
- Cable Schedule
- Cable Trench Drawing
- Switchyard / transformer layouts
- Switchgear / MCC room / battery room layout
- Cable tray / trench layouts
- Cable routing layouts
- Earthing layouts
- Lighting (indoor/outdoor) layouts
- Lightning protection layouts
- Preparation of interconnection diagrams between different equipments
- As-built the project drawings / documentation
- Bill of quantities for materials
- Standard installation drawings for power system, Earthing system, lighting system and cable tray/ladders
- GA Drawings
- Control Schematics Layouts
- Control Panel drawings
- Conduit & Control Cable
- Control Wiring & Terminations
- Buswork & Switches
- Setting and Assembly of Transformers. Regulators, Circuit Breakers, Reclosers, & Capacitors
- Relay and control panel installations
You can feel confident that whatever your substation needs are; K.E can provide you with a safe and on time solution.
When the need for constant power is critical, rely on the industry leader in advanced energy systems and rapid response. Our company is your one-source solution for on-demand energy. We work to protect your reputation while keeping your operation efficient and your power supply reliable. In order to ensure a rapid and safe solution K.E provides the services below:
- Site Assessments:The first and most vital step to any mission critical project. We evaluate existing infrastructure to identify any risks and determine the most effective solution for your needs.
- Emergency Power Services:We provide nationwide 24 / 7 / 365 emergency service for all major brands of UPS Systems and generators. Whether you have a contract with us or not, we are able to get someone onsite as soon as possible.
- Maintenance:We offer comprehensive maintenance agreements for multiple units, at one or more locations, all under one contract.
K.E’s management team constantly monitors employee performance in the areas of safe work practices, with the proper utilization of tools and equipment.
Maintenance & Service
K.E has the technical expertise and proven experience to provide:
- Commissioning and Testing:
K.E engineers and technicians can provide complete new installation start-up as well as routine maintenance testing for all electric installations.
- High Voltage Oil and Breakers:
K.E offers installation and commissioning of new and used high/ middle/low voltage circuit breakers.
- Transformer Oil Services:
K.E provides fluid analytical services and oil processing for you transformer.
K.E provides fluid analytical services and oil processing for you transformer.
- Transformer Assembly:
K.E provides power transformer assembly and oil filling services that include assembly of radiators, bushings, pumps, gauges and associated electrical components.
- Electrical Testing:
K.E has the tools, instrumentation and technical expertise to perform any electrical testing needed for analysis of your equipment’s condition.
K.E offers the following systems using international standard:
- Hydrant Systems & Sprinkler Systems
- Water Mist Fire Suppression
- Wet & Dry Risers
- Fire Alarm & Voice Evacuation Systems
- Gas Suppression System
- Public Address System
- CCTV Access Control
Power distribution design
K.E is a full service contractor with the capability to Design / Build electrical systems for commercial, industrial, and institutional applications. Our electrical contracting services are supported with more than 20 years of so you can feel confident that we approach any project with a high level of safety, quality and reliability. K.E strives for every Design / Build project to be trouble free to ensure the customer a quality experience that’s on budget, done right, and on time. We build all of our electrical systems with long-term value, low maintenance, expandability and optimized life cycles in mind. Through efficient construction management, advanced technology and industry experience, we consistently find ways to reduce overall project costs. We are known for facing and overcoming project challenges by utilizing new materials and techniques, and are continually looking for efficiencies in delivery.
Low to Medium current distribution design
With our consistent portfolio of medium and low voltage power distribution projects, K.E enables the realization of highly efficient grid networks, providing the foundation for all kind of infrastructures and applications. K.E has the capability to support the infrastructure required to distribute electricity reliably and safely for all types of buildings from residential to large industrial facilities. From medium voltage substations and underground cabling to switch rooms, protection and metering systems, capacitors and communication links, K.E can design and construct a tailored solution working closely with clients in order to meet their power generation and electrical distribution needs. Our project delivery track record has helped K.E build a solid reputation for quality, efficiency and performance within the power distribution industry.
K.E is committed to performing as efficiently and safely as possible in order to return cost and time savings to you, the project owner. Our Design/Build delivery method allows us to do just that by combining the design and execution of a project under one comprehensive contract. This eliminates the hassle of working with multiple vendors and getting additional project contacts up to speed – all while providing you with more control of daily operations. By serving as the architect, designer, and builder, K.E provides you with a single-source of responsibility to drive efficiencies throughout the project within:
- A legacy of experience designing and building; we are one of the industry’s earliest implementers of Design-Build
- A designated department consisting of licensed engineers, designers, and CAD technicians
- Process spans from conceptual drawings and preliminary budgeting, to detailed CAD drawings and project management
We handle all project coordination – from managing mechanical and plumbing teams to coordinating with power companies and equipment vendors, in order to increase reliability of operating margins through greater project control If you’ve already received your drawings and require additional strategic guidance, K.E also offers Design/Assist services where we review your plans and make suggestions that will help steer the project toward success.
Working collaboratively with clients, K.E can offer the full range of services for low to medium voltage cable systems from a single source, starting with cable engineering design and construction up to the final test and ongoing maintenance after installation. Specialist construction techniques for the delivery of cabling systems developed by K.E have overcome major challenges and led to significant improvements in minimizing risk and maximizing efficiency.
K.E provides solutions for all types of lighting needs while maximizing performance and minimizing both energy consumption and maintenance cost. Our technicians and project managers are highly skilled lighting specialists with a commitment to excellence. Proper lighting positively affects a buildings aesthetics, appearance, efficiency of productivity, security, and most importantly safety .We offer scheduled lighting inspections, complete service and repair for all fixture types including interior/exterior building lighting, signs and parking lot lights. Contact us for your lighting audit and learn more about possible savings with the latest energy efficient lighting options available today. Our Lighting Services Include:
- Lighting Surveys & Audits
- Energy Efficient Fluorescent Lighting
- Occupancy Lighting Controls
- Retrofitting of Old Fixtures
- Lighting Maintenance Program
- Re-Lamping & Cleaning
- HID/Warehouse Lighting
- Office Lighting
- Retail Lighting
- Exterior Building Lighting
- Security Lighting
- Indirect Lighting
- Classroom Lighting
- Sports & Recreational Lighting
- Automobile Dealership Lighting
- Parking Lot & Site Lighting
- Fluorescent Dimming Controls
- Testing & Repairing Faulty Lights
- Replacing Photo Electric Controls (PEC)
- Replacing Faulty Lamps
- Removing & Replacing Fixtures
- Replacing Ballast
- Replacing Fuses
- Replacement of Defective Sockets & Bases
- Replacement of Faulty Wiring
- Locating Underground Wiring & Feeders
Power panel / panel builder
K.E offers a full range of medium voltage and low voltage control and distribution components to support the needs of panel builders across a broad range of industries and applications. K.E also has a comprehensive offering of licensable designs and delegated support team for low voltage and medium voltage switchgear, including Low Voltage System and Medium Voltage System. K.E has a 20 year history of providing electrical equipment and systems and understands the challenges you face when constructing an electrical distribution system for a given customer and facility. At Khoury Engineering we’re on a mission to deliver intelligent, innovative solutions to allow panel builders to meet the growing needs of commercial, industrial and utility segments. We offer:
- Comprehensive, safe and flexible low voltage and medium voltage licensable assemblies platforms
- World class power distribution components with unique safety and performance benefits
- Control and automation solutions with differentiated end customer value propositions
Our company provides panel builders with:
- Efficiency: K.E’s low voltage system and medium voltage system gives you the competitive edge over your competition. It means you can provide optimum added value in your own panel designs, and can enjoy reassurance of knowing that you are using type-tested systems and components of the latest designs.
- Safety: K.E is an industry leader in product solutions with safety-conscious design and installation that comply with the latest industry codes and standards.
- Reliability: K.E ‘s products are designed to provide continuous, clean and reliable power
Building or upgrading production facilities requires system control & electrical products that have durable, reliable and are delivered on time. K.E has a wide variety of panels manufactured to suit customers’ process plant operation. The PLC panels are tailor made & customized as per the requirement of the customer. We offer following brands of PLC with complete accessories & programming. We have experienced personnel to assist and solve problems before field installation. Assistance in field installation, testing & commissioning is also provided by us. The principal features of our PLC Panels are:
- PLC panels are designed as per end user requirement.
- Minimizes human interface, thus minimizes the possibility of error.
- Whole system can be monitored & controlled at single junction.
- Data Logging of all process parameters with alarm.
- We provide flexibility on make of PLC, we can provide any make of PLC.
K.E designs & manufactures local and centralized Control Panels for various process applications. The control panels are sized to fit to the clients, requirements with hardwired relay logic to perform the process operation. Total care is taken to ensure that the control panels are sturdy, user friendly & absolutely easy to access for maintenance. Our control panels find us suitable place in the following applications:
- Sewage Treatment Plants
- Effluent Treatment Plants
- Water Treatment Plants
- Heat Exchangers
- Material Handling Equipment
- Residential & Commercial
- Our principal suppliers are:
Our company is the leader in the manufacture, testing & commissioning of Medium Voltage & Low Voltage Synchronizing Panels for a various set of applications. Components used in these panels are mainly from Schneider Electric and other world renowned manufacturers of generator control systems. Control and monitoring systems being utilized are PLC/ Microprocessor based for isolated or utility paralleling operation and either for peak shaving or based load applications. For low-voltage systems current rating is up to 6300A and above this, we go to medium voltage system up to 13.8kV. Low voltage enclosures can be free standing or wall mounted, indoor or outdoor type using the Universal Enclosures of Schneider Electric.
Motor control center
Khoury Engineering’s Motor Control Centers (MCCs) offers a rugged, high performance packaging solution for all your motor control needs, providing the advantages you need in your competitive environment. Our MCCs are designed to meet your global needs. K.E provides highly efficient service in a small to large scale application and in numerous general industrial projects as an integrated panel primary for control of low to medium voltage motors. Our main features are:
- Personal safety and easy maintenance
- A sturdy structure that resists to shocks and vibration
- Easy mounting of channel bases and interconnection of enclosures
- Easy access to unit wrapper when replacing wiring parts
- Easy connection of cables and control wires from outside to unit step terminators
- Positive stopper in unit draw out mechanism
- The guide rail gives precise alignment to the unit for accurate stabbing on the vertical bus
- At the top center of the unit wrapper is a quarter turn latch wish securely holds the unit in the compartment
K.E is a leading provider of quality backup power UPS and Uninterruptible Power Supply. Our UPSs are designed to deliver high quality backup power from desktop PCs to large data centers. To help you find the right solution, we organize our backup power offering into three categories: Workstation & Home UPS, Network & Server UPS, and Data Center & Facility UPS.
Protection for your home and office electronics is a must. Having a UPS for any application or equipment that is affordable and reliable is important. That is why K.E offers levels of power protection and battery backup with ultimate reliability at affordable prices.
Khoury Engineering & General Contracting takes care of:
- UPS Installers, Electrical Installation and Cable ‘Tails’ Connection
- An electrical site survey to assess the existing electrical supply network and cabling within your building, from the building incomer to the load and UPS location, including electrical distribution, cabling and panels
- All electrical wiring (single and three phase) including High Voltage/Low Voltage switchgear control panels, maintenance bypasses, generator electrical supplies and power distribution at the UPS output
- All remote monitoring and network cabling with connection to local area network points
- DC Battery set builds into cabinets, racks or stands with their associated DC cabling, circuit-breaker isolation and battery monitoring (where required)
At Khoury Engineering we operate a ‘no-surprises’ approach and all electrical works are carried out subject to site survey. The nature of electrical installation projects means that variations to standard works can occur on-site, especially for large data centre UPS projects and our engineers are required to receive prior approval for work-schedule additions, ensuring our clients UPS systems are brought on-line, to time and budget.
For generator installation and commissioning, K.E works closely with nationwide partners who can provide genset manufacturer-specific knowledge, firmware servicing tools and spare parts.
- UPS Commissioning and Generator Hand-Over
In the Middle East and Africa a number of UPS suppliers and generator installers rely on K.E to provide electrical installation work and project management. We are qualified to test and certify an uninterruptible power supply, DC power system or generator electrical installation before commissioning by one of our manufacturer-certified engineers.
Manufacturer certification is important as it means that our UPS engineers are fully conversant with all aspect of the UPS commissioning procedure, with the latest firmware and communications tools to hand to set up the UPS system. This is vital where a UPS manufacturer operates a ‘closed-protocol’ system to prevent unauthorized installations, by installers whose use could invalidate a manufacturer’s warranty.
As part of our UPS commissioning service our engineers will complete a visual inspection, electrically test connections, ensure firmware is matched and programmed for specific site-characteristics and complete any final set-ups.
Depending upon the complexity of the UPS and/or generator installation commissioning can last up to several hours to ensure the integrity of your system and guarantee its operation as the UPS system is brought into circuit. All works are performed and documented according to manufacturer procedures – which may be paper or electronic based.
- UPS Handover and Training
Once commissioned, our engineers hand-over your UPS system to the nominated site representative, providing a general run through of the system itself and basic alarm responses. This is normally done on the same day to remove the need for a second site visit. Schematics, O&M manuals and more extensive training can be provided as required – either onsite or at a suitable location nor UPS manufacturer facility.
Type of UPS
- Workstation & home use UPS
K.E provides a complete line of uninterruptible power supply (UPS) systems to meet the full spectrum of power protection needs from enterprise applications to home office and entertainment systems.
- Network, server & storage UPS
We provide a full UPS and diesel generator installation service of the highest standard. We will take care of all your UPS and diesel generator installation requirements from initial design, all the way through to final electrical testing. All our work is completed by experienced, qualified engineers in full compliance with statutory regulations. We aim to provide a professional UPS and diesel generator installation service at a cost effective price, regardless of your project size.
Networks, servers and storage systems are the central nerve center for business today and it is critical that they are protected by an uninterruptible power supply (UPS). K.E offers Network UPS, Server UPS and Storage UPS solutions that protect your vital IT equipment and data.
- Data center & facility UPS
In the Data Center & Facility category, we protect critical equipment by providing uninterruptible power, backup power systems and power management through both stand alone and rack-based UPS. Eaton delivers clean and efficient backup power for medium and large data centers and critical IT systems.
- Other UPS
- Industrial UPS
- Medical UPS
For use in industrial/manufacturing situations, such as plant facilities and factories.
Used in hospitals and medical centers, Medical UPS systems are incredibly important, as they support life-support systems and other critical equipment.