IT & Telecommunication
We carry out data installation for a range of private and public sector clients, ensuring fast, efficient data networks to businesses and organizations. We are also specialized in the supply and installation of cables manufactured by international suppliers (leading high quality brands). We can supply and install a range of different size cables, including fiber optic cables, CAT5e cables and CAT6e cables. Our data installation team is a highly skilled and experienced group of workers who are specialists in this area. They can help clients plan their data installation projects to ensure the best cable to suit their needs and budget. We put the client and their business at the center of our work, we endeavor to provide data installation solutions that are cost effective yet provide the fastest and most efficient data connections for the client.
Our data center power systems are designed and managed by our experts in power management engineering. They include built-in redundancy, full Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) systems with N+1 redundancy levels or greater, and backup generator systems in the event of a local utility failure. K.E teams also work with customers to configure data center installations to accommodate specific high-power requirements.
Our precision HVAC systems cools the most demanding high-power deployments, providing appropriate airflow, temperature, and humidity to maintain optimum conditions for equipment operation and minimize downtime due to equipment failure.
K.E provides effective colocation cooling measures and strives to be efficient and sustainable in its use of technology and design.
Our cooling system for data centers includes:
- Variable frequency drives
- Chilled water pumps
- Centrifugal chillers
- Condenser pumps
- External cooling towers
- CRAC air-handling units in the colocation area
- Cold aisle containment
K.E also insists on the security measures in the data center installation:
The physical security of K.E’s data centers is one of our highest priorities. Each data center utilizes an array of security equipment, techniques and procedures to control, monitor and record access to the facility, including customer cage areas. We use advanced security equipment, techniques and procedures to control and monitor access to our data centers. Reaching the colocation floor typically requires passing through five security checkpoints that include manned security stations, mantraps and biometric readers.
The technical room, an essential part of the data center, must be dimensioned
to distribute and protect a building’s entire electrical infrastructure, right up to the servers, yet still take account of energy quality and lower energy consumption considerations.
Khoury Engineering & General Contracting offers:
- Dry type transformers
- K.E offers reliable, high-performance transformers which meet the exacting requirements of data centers. Compact and easy to use, the HV/LV dry type transformers offer excellent resistance to short-circuits and reduce maintenance costs. Since they can be recycled, they are also non-polluting.
- Circuit breakers
- K.E offers a range of circuit breakers that covers all breaking capacities guaranteeing the highest levels of performance to ensure the safety of people and property but also continuity of service.
- Measurement and monitoring
- K.E provides measurement that offers direct access to information concerning consumption. By implementing corrective actions, energy expenditure can be reduced. The intelligent central readout stations and power meter protection devices integrated in the main LV distribution board enable power consumption to be monitored and analyzed.
- Uninterruptible Power Supply
- K.E UPS product offers enable electricity consumption to be reduced. Correct dimensioning and high efficiency of UPS, both modular and conventional, are essential.
- Energy quality
- K.E capacitor banks help reduce energy consumption and improve the power factor of an installation, while extending its service life. Reactive power compensation systems optimize electrical installation performance
In the technical room, K.E also relies on:
- Recommended Data Center Temperature & Humidity Preventing Costly Downtime Caused By Environment Conditions
- Monitoring the environment conditions in a computer room or data center is critical to ensuring uptime and system reliability. Maintaining recommended temperature and humidity levels in the data center can reduce unplanned downtime caused by environment conditions and save companies thousands or even millions of dollars per year.
- Recommended Computer Room Temperature
- Operating expensive IT computer equipment for extended periods of time at high temperatures greatly reduces reliability, longevity of components and will likely cause unplanned downtime. Maintaining an ambient temperature range of 68° to 75°F (20° to 24°C) is optimal for system reliability. This temperature range provides a safe buffer for equipment to operate in the event of air conditioning or HVAC equipment failure while making it easier to maintain a safe relative humidity level.
- Recommended Computer Room Humidity
- Relative humidity (RH) is defined as the amount of moisture in the air at a given temperature in relation to the maximum amount of moisture the air could hold at the same temperature. In a data center or computer room, maintaining ambient relative humidity levels between 45% and 55% is recommended for optimal performance and reliability. When monitoring the relative humidity in the data center, we recommend early warning alerts at 40% and 60% relative humidity, with critical alerts at 30% and 70% relative humidity. It is important to remember that the relative humidity is directly related to the current temperature, so monitoring temperature and humidity together is critical. As the value of IT equipment increases, the risk and associated costs can increase exponentially.
- Cooling solutions
We offer those solutions to maintain hot and cold environments for the server room
- Cable trays and ducts for all uses:
We propose a complete ranges that are safe to install, in sheet steel and wire mesh for copper and fiber optic cables. These solutions combine excellent mechanical and electrical performance .K.E proposes a vast array of cable management solutions for all applications and in all environments.
- Security (CCTV & access control)
We propose high performance and scalable access control and video surveillance solutions in order to secure access and monitoring of the technical rooms or server racks.
- Cabling Systems
We offer a complete solution with ranges designed to optimize data center performance
We offer a complete distribution systems for currents up to 5,000. A Busbar trunking provides a safe and reliable solution for high power distribution. Whether used to connect transformers to the main LV distribution board or supply power to the server racks or lighting, busbar trunking is quick to install and offers a high level of flexibility.